Thursday, October 22, 2009



My First “DeBidue” Sales Meeting

I attended my first sales meeting since my return to DeBordieu Colony Real Estate! Attorney Tripp Hutto was a special guest. He brought us up to speed about a few subjects including closing issues with lenders and timelines. Thanks Tripp!

PEOPLE: DeBordieu property owner, Mary Witt, is the facilitator of my small group in the Women in the Word Bible Study, in which I’m participating at All Saints Church in Pawleys Island. Last time we met, a bunch of us enjoyed lunch afterward at Bistro 217, where Mary shared with me that she is the daughter of Caroline Clapp, one of DeBordieu’s first property owners, and one of my all time favorites. Caroline is no longer with us, but her lively spirit, sense of humor, and love of God certainly lives on in Mary.

PLACES: After the sales meeting we toured a couple of new listings at DeBordieu. The Randolph house, oceanfront, with the bright red roof offered something I’ve never seen before…..the elevator goes all the way to the top of the roof deck! From there, the view was absolutely spectacular. Having assisted the sellers with the purchase of that oceanfront homesite many moons ago, I was delighted to witness the stunning home they built and are now offering for sale. We’ll have the pictures and virtual tour processed soon…give me a shout if you would like for me to send you the link.

THINGS: “Debidue” – that’s the Southern pronunciation that comes from the local Gullah dialect, but where did the “DeBordieu” name come from? Well, legend has it that when the Marquis de Lafayette, landed his ship here in 1777 to help us out with the revolution, he exclaimed “this land is so beautiful, it must be the borderland of God! In French, D’aborde Dieu. The name stuck, and the land is just as beautiful today.

There truly is no place like home…..and there’s no place like DeBordieu.

No comments:

Post a Comment