Saturday, October 8, 2011

NBC Football to feature Coach John McKissick and the Summerville Greenwave

One of my favorite parts of showing prospects around DeBordieu is when we ride by the home of John and Joann McKissick I get to say….” See that mailbox with the football on it? That belongs to the winningest coach in football history….. Coach John McKissick, from my alma mata, Summerville High School, home of the mighty Greenwave.”

Some recognize his name, but even more will after Sunday night, when Coach McKissick and Summerville will be featured in the Pre-Game Show on NBC’s Sunday Night Football Game between the Green Bay Packers and the Atlanta Falcons. I hear the segment will be called “An All-American Homecoming,” and will air at 7:30.

Coach McKissick is in his 60th consecutive year as the head coach for the Summerville Greenwave. He has coached 10 state championship teams and notched 591 wins, which is more than any other football coach at any level! My dad, Archie Paris, used to keep stats for Coach McKissick, and actually hosted the first John McKissick Show. They were such good friends, that Coach McKissick actually gave the eulogy at my dad’s funeral, a day I will certainly never forget, and for which I will be forever grateful.

Here's a clip from CBS that was filmed a few years ago. If you're looking for me Sunday night, I'll be glued to the TV!


DeBordieu Colony is an oceanfront community located just south of Pawleys Island, South Carolina featuring private golf and tennis, saltwater creek access to the ocean, a manned security gate, and luxury homes and villas surrounded by thousands of acres of wildlife and nature preserves. For more information, contact TroiKaz@DeBordieu.com.


No comments:

Post a Comment