Friday, October 14, 2011

AFFLUENT ABODES Writer visits DeBordieu
Affluent Abodes is a blog about Luxury Real Estate from all over the world. When you read it, you would think the writer is a sophisticated real estate expert with years of experience in the business.
The writer is a teenager.
But Cole Perkins is not just any ordinary
teenager. At just 14 years old, AFFLUENT ABODES is Cole’s second Luxury Real Estate blog.
I first met Cole when I saw his interview with Chris Smith (formerly of Tech Savvy Agent and currently the Chief Evangelist for Inman News). I immediately sent him two of my most luxurious listings, which he included on his 1st blog, LAVISH PROPERTIES. A few months later, Cole and his family stopped by on their way from Myrtle Beach to Charleston, SC. I had the opportunity to meet Cole’s parents and sisters and give them a little tour of DeBordieu.
This week, the Perkins family rented a house in DeBordieu, and Cole offered to intern with me. Cole got some good experience last summer working with a luxury general brokerage firm in New York City. I wanted to give him a taste of how an onsite real estate company works to sell a specific amenity community like DeBordieu. In turn, he offered to share with me some of what he has learned about how technology could improve my business.
I told him my goal was to have everyone looking for real estate on the coast of South Carolina to know that Troi Kaz specialized in DeBordieu and Pawleys Island, and that I particularly wanted to offer an alternative to folks who already knew about places like Kiawah a
nd Hilton Head Island, but perhaps had never heard of DeBordieu.
His first suggestion to me was to change the name of my Twitter profile from DeBordieuSC to Coastal_SC, which I did. Within 48 hours, I had 30 new followers! We’ve been tossing around a few other changes and projects I intend to implement over the next few months, so be on the lookout.

Cole has grown up with technology and actually attends Cyber School which is a combination of home school and public school. He says starting a blog was pretty easy for him considering he has 8 computers in his house! While most teenagers spend their time playing video games, Cole prefers to browse the web for high end real estate on sites like Realtor.com and tries to write a post a day.
Cole Perkins is an amazing young man for whom I have the greatest respect. He’s really cute and fun too! Visit his blog at:http://www.affluentabodes.blogspot.com/
By the way, the pictures on this page are of the two luxury properties that Cole featured in his blog a while back. For more information about either of them, contact me at TroiKaz@DeBordieu.com

DeBordieu Colony is an oceanfront community located just south of Pawleys Island, South Carolina featuring private golf and tennis, saltwater creek access to the ocean, a manned security gate, and luxury homes and villas surrounded by thousands of acres of wildlife and nature preserves.
There has never been a better time to consider a purchase at DeBordieu!

2 comments: